Sustainable Living, Buy Local Produce, Think Local First – Independent We Stand FAQs | Independent We Stand
- Small business accounts for 75% of all new jobs.
- When you spend $100 at an independent business, $68 returns to the local community. Spend that same amount at a national chain and it drops to $43.
- For every square foot a local firm occupies, the local economy gains $179 vs. $105 for a chain store.
- Locally-owned businesses reinvest in the local economy at a 60% higher rate than chains and Internet retailers.
- Small businesses employ just over half all U.S. workers.
- Small businesses create more than half the nonfarm private gross domestic product (GDP).
- Locally-owned and operated businesses create higher-paying jobs for you and your neighbors.